Mini Donut Cats
- Fieldstone® Bakery Mini Donuts
- Melting Chocolate— Brown and White
- Vegetable Shortening
- Whole Almonds
- Black and White Frosting
- Unwrap a couple packages of Fieldstone® Bakery Mini Donuts (6 donuts per package). Stick two whole almonds in the top of each donut.
- Melt the brown and white chocolate in separate bowls, following the instructions on the package for best results.
- Melting chocolate needs to be thin so that it doesn’t pull apart the donuts while dipping. Add a small amount of shortening to the chocolate in order to thin it, stirring thoroughly until smooth. You can reheat the mix to help melt the shortening.
- Place the donuts with almonds in them on a fork and dip them into one of the chocolates. Set aside to dry. Repeat until all the almonds are covered. Place the dipped donuts in the freezer to speed up setting.
- Once the first layer of chocolate has set, re-dip the donuts in the reverse color of melting chocolate. Try out different patterns! Set aside to dry.
- Once the second layer of chocolate has set, pipe frosting onto the donuts to make the eyes, mouth, and whiskers.