Dress up Fieldstone® Gingerbread cookies like scarecrows just in time for the fall season! This fun and festive snack offers up an opportunity to get creative with decorating while making memories with family and friends.
- Fieldstone® Bakery Gingerbread
- Royal icing mix
- Food coloring
- Shredded wheat cereal
- Wafer cookies
- Edible marker pen
- Piping bags and tips
- Carefully unwrap Fieldstone® Gingerbread, and arrange on a plate or sheet pan for decorating.
- Mix royal icing according to directions on package.
- Use food coloring to create desired colors of icing for decorating– We chose yellow for the shirt, blue for the overalls, and white for the faces.
- Transfer icing to piping bags with appropriate tips for piping.
- Crush up a handful of shredded wheat and set aside for decorating.
- Trim wafer cookies to create desired hat shapes and set aside.
- Pipe on desired color of icing for the shirts, beginning with an outline, then filling in after outline has dried.
- Repeat this process for the overalls after icing is completely set.
- After shirt and overalls are fully set, pipe on faces, and add small stripes of white icing to hands feet and collars.
- Before icing sets, sprinkle with crushed shredded wheat cereal to create the straw effect.
- Carefully adhere hats to cookies with a small amount of icing, and allow to dry. Then add additional icing and shredded wheat for straw effect on hats.
- After cookie icing has completely set, use the edible marker pen to add details as you wish, like buttons or tatters in the clothing.
- Enjoy your beautiful handiwork!